View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
Registered Users
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,873
My Mood:
Re: DS is going to the urologist for dribble problem. What should I expect?

I have a long history of urinary issues caused by kidney stones(I have medulary sponge kidney) so the most likely tests would be an ultrasound, CT, or IVP which I would imagine a 4yo would need sedation for depending on the child. There is also a scoping procedure called cystoscopy that lets them visualize the structures. Then there are various tests using contrast that watch the collection and flow of urine. DS had a cath with contrast procedure to look for kidney damage at around 12mo. I hope you get an answer soon. My only advice would be to seek a dedicated pediatric urologist. They are usually few and far between but well worth the search.
Just in case.
MDever is offline   Reply With Quote