View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #19
jca61502
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: AUGUST 2012 Chat Thread!!!

I don't post often here, but am hoping that will change so I decided to join in this month.

We had our first licensing visit this week and it was sort of lame, to be honest. She went over some paperwork, left a DVD for us to watch, and will be back for more orientation on Monday. It looks like it will be at least 3 months before we are done with the process.

Our little guy will be 5 months old on Monday, and it will be 5 months since he was officially placed with us on 8/9. His bio-mom is scheduled to get out of jail by the end of the month and I am dreading the possibility of re-starting parenting time. Her visitation is suspended until the FC worker gets a court order stating otherwise though, so I am hopeful that we won't have to worry about it right away.

We have our next hearing sometime in September. It is a PPH, and I am really hoping that the goal will change from R/U to adoption at that point. Time will tell, I guess....and until we know more we choose to focus on the fact that he is with us for the time being, loved and safe.
jca61502 is offline   Reply With Quote