View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Any one else not expected to go full term?

I am having a bit of a hard time with this pregnancy, both physically and emotionally.

Physically I am miserable. Well, maybe not as plagued by unpleasant symptoms as some of you, but it has sucked a lot so far. Extreme fatigue and general feeling like crap constantly. I feel maybe I was lucky or something with my first pregnancy, because I pretty much felt fine.

I am normally an active, do-anything type of person and this is really hard on me that I can't feel or act normal.

Emotionally I am irritable, worrisome, and moody. I am having a hard time adjusting to not doing things that I could last time. I normally never have worries about things that are out of my control, but I constantly worry about the health of this baby.

I am also distressed because my midwife is concerned I may deliver early again. I have only had 1 baby, I hardly think that constitutes a track record. I want and desperately need to feel like that was a fluke and that I am a normal, healthy person who can and will carry a baby full term. I even had 3 doulas turn me down because of my "history."

I am already on 4 supplements/treatments to prevent preterm labor! Ugh! I want to feel and be treated normal! The latest addition being progesterone...which I finally gave into because after 2 1/2 days of a headache my mw says it is most likely caused by too much estrogen.

Sorry if this was a lot to read, I just really need to vent and get these feelings off of my chest.

Thanks.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote