View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 12:02 PM   #10
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Re: Food stamp update

I work food stamps in Alabama so I'm not sure if they do it exactly the same in GA, but I can tell you how we do it. We have a system that looks up child support and we can see the exact payments you receive. If payments are irregular we usually add all the payments together that were received in the last 3 completed months. Then it's divided by 3.

If you receive it weekly the weekly amount is multiplied by 4.3 because some months you would receive it more than 4 times.

If you receive it biweekly it is multipled by 2.15.

It doesn't sound like you were denied because of anything dealing with your income, but because they requested information you did not turn in. You should be able to call you worker and ask what information it was you needed to turn in. In AL you would be denied 30 days after the application, BUT have an additional 30 days to turn the information after the denial.

It may take your worker more than 48 hours to return your call as you'd be amazed at how many calls we receive, but if you don't hear back in a couple more days I'd try calling again. I get a minimum of 50 calls a day on top of having to do interviews, paperwork, etc.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me and I'll try to help as much as possible.

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote