View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Two children and bedtime and nap time

I would always either give my oldest something that they could sit next to me and do when I was nursing, like color or look at a book or would give them a small snack and turn on a cartoon. The baby's bed was in our room, so I'd lay him down and then shut the door and we'd go about our day. When the baby gets to be around 3-4mo and starts developing a schedule I was able to just put him in the swing (awake; in our room) for his morning nap and then he would lay in the bed or bouncy seat while I put the others down for a nap and then we nurse/cosleep for the longer afternoon nap. And if for some reason the baby won't nap/fussing, we babywear.

As for the crying, there are some days when DS3 starts to cry while I'm putting the other two down for naps, but I'd rather let him fuss for a few minutes while I finish up a quick story and take the time with my older two, than dump them in their rooms and rush off. DS3's not going to remember that he had to wait, but the other two will remember mommy's constant brush-offs to tend to the baby.