View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #168
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggington
Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken

4 bone in chicken thighs (can sub breasts, but thighs are better in this recipe)
1/4 C. soy sauce (I use low sodium)
1/4 C. teriyaki sauce
2 T. brown sugar
1/4 t. powdered ginger
1/2 t. garlic powder

Place chicken thighs in crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over chicken. Cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours.

Remove bones, shred, and serve over rice. YUMMY!

Sometimes, an hour before it's done, i'll throw in a bag of frozen california mixed veggies (broccoli, carrot, and cauliflower) and serve over rice. We call them teriyaki bowls (a la Jack in the Box).

Disclaimer: my measurements are approximations. I make the sauce to taste. We prefer it sweeter, so I add extra brown sugar (more like 3-4 T.). I'm not a huge fan of ginger, so I only use a little bit. We like garlic, so I add extra. I don't actually measure anything other than the soy and teriyaki. Everything else I just guesstimate (= Also, you can kinda play with the recipe. Sometimes i'll nix the soy sauce and just use 1/2 C. teriyaki or i'll use fresh garlic and ginger instead of powdered. It doesn't seem to effect the end product much.
This has become one of our favorites. I double it and add a little extra ginger and a bit of water. Eat it over brown rice and its SO good.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote