Old 02-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #27
haydn'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 5 VAX in one visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braxis03 View Post
So now that she has already gotten all those shots, how do you switch to a delayed vax schedule? I was looking at Dr. Sears's website and his schedule, but she already got all in one setting, so how do you go about vaxing with the boosters? she is due at 4 months to get the same sequence of shots. And when I asked if they could only do a couple on one visit and a couple on another, they said they don't usually do that. And that it is better for the child to just do it and get it over with.
We are in Sunny GA, so there isn't any lack for vit D here either!
Oh, and by the way, I love your babylegs!
How to go about it? Tell them you ain't doing it. Seriously. The CDC guidelines aren't written in stone. There are age ranges for every vax so even a ped who is staunchly pro-vax should be able to comprehend that all those don't have to be done at the same time. Geez. I'm mad for your baby. Between now and 4mos, do your research and decide what you want to do. Then when the time comes, tell them and make sure that they know that it's not open for discussion. Make sure that you verify with the nurse which vaxes are being given before she sticks your kid. And, just FYI, every clinic is required by federal law to provide you with a Vaccine Info Sheet prior to giving a shot and also to allow you the time to review it. You should get the sheets for the vaxes your child receives, look carefully and make sure those are also right as just another safeguard. Just be firm, mama. You have the right to decide what happens to your child.
SO to my big papa, stepmom to the fabulous Ben, and mama to my tornado of destruction, Haydn 3.2.07, my precious monkey Emerson 9.8.09 and my two angel babies 1.20.13 and 3.1.13, and cautiously with a miracle
haydn'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote