View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #18
The3McCoys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do you play with your children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM&W View Post
Mama do you get anytime to yourself though?? I like to make my evening after baths and story for myself. I like to catch up on emails and talk with family on facebook. Thats what I normally do when the kids are sleeping.
My 4 year old doesn't nap. She hasn't napped since she was 3. DS naps but always on me. We do attachment parenting with him, hes always on me unless hes playing with sis or me on the floor. haha, it sucks but nothing better then cuddling my little man while he sleeps. I love it. I did the same with dd.
I do agree though, I try not to let little chores interfere with time with my kids, but being OCD and freaking out about stupid small stuff is hard. Especially when you have a husband who needs to have a clean house. Hes very OCD sometimes and freaks at the smallest messes. Honestly I think I got my PPD from him, he wasn't supportive in the beginning and I did everything by myself. Sorry off topic
I check my emails/facebook/DS through out the day when we take small breaks. My "Me'" Time is when I am sleeping or when I clean the house I use DH laptop in the kitchen so I can read whatever while cooking or doing dishes. If I want to read a book I wait for the kids to go to bed. I want them to know they have my attention and I am here for them 100%. I know this doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me. DH and I also don't do Date nights with out the kids. I have panic attacks when I am away from them. We did go out to dinner on Saturday night with out them, and 45 minutes in I was ready to go back home. We practice Attachment parenting too

Last edited by The3McCoys; 05-24-2010 at 01:11 PM.
The3McCoys is offline   Reply With Quote