View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #11
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah

well thats fine. If the OP is looking for help and not wanting to wait this out any longer, there is nothing wrong with that. Maybe her daughter would stop tomorrow suddenly, but why not just research a few options in case she needs a little extra help?

OP, I know a lot of people do like Happiest Baby on the Block, Baby Whisperer, No Cry Sleep Solution in addition to another that a PP mentioned. There is nothing wrong with reading thru and picking and choosing what works for you. Even if a book is not pro-co sleeping, there still might be a few things that you can gain from it and apply in your own way.
Certainly if she wants help, but you did say that they wouldn't 'transition to the next sleep cycle' without OPs assistance, which in our case has not been true. DD2 was waking every hour for about 2 months at that age, as was DD1. I would put her in bed with us at the 1 st waking. One day she began waking only 2 times, then 1, then none, without us changing anything. Now the night waking is the exception, not the rule. That's all I was saying, that you don't always have to do something, sometimes it just passes.

I've heard night weaning helps in some cases.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote