View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #1
HollyNightbonnet
Registered Users

My Mood:
When to start worrying about fertility due to age?

Back story: I am 26. Hubby is 34. We plan to start TTC either around the end of this year or some time next year depending on how much our financial situation has improved by then. We plan on having only two kids in the near future, in case you are wondering.

A while back, I posted a thread asking whether or not your late 20s to early 30s is too old to have children. Lots of people responded by saying "No." My doctors have also told me that I am still young and have plenty of time to have children. Sometimes, though, I do wonder if I were to go back to them tomorrow and ask the same question, would their response be the same as it was a year ago when I was 25? I have also asked them if the age difference between my hubby and me would have any impact on our fertility, and they didn't seem to think it would.

My question is: Should I start worrying about any fertility issues now due to my current age or later on in my life? My cycles are regular (about an average of 26 days long) and some ovulation tests I took last year suggested that I most likely ovulate early (around Cycle Days 10-12). Partly because of this, my doctors think I still have a good chance of getting pregnant, but sometimes I can't help but think, "What if they are wrong?" I have also suffered some horrible menstrual cramps, unless I take some ibuprofen and/or hot bubble baths, so that makes me worry even more about my fertility.
Interested in
HollyNightbonnet is offline   Reply With Quote