View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Nursery Chat thread

The baby will be sharing a room with our son, and I've been working on it slowly. I like doing nursery stuff that can grow with them since we can't afford to change stuff every couple years, so the whole room is kinda an animal theme with reds/torquises/light yellows.

So far we've set up the crib, and I painted Jaime's book-shelf to be a changing table. Also got little cloth baskets for the changing table, but those are so far full of baby clothes that need to be sorted, hehe. Re-arranged DS's closet to make room for a hanging clothes thingy for baby's clothes, and put his long bookshelf vertically to make some more space for a glider I want to move in there in a month or so.

Hmmm, what else? Oh! I busted out my drill the other night and hung up two shelves, one has Jaime's ultrasound and newborn pic, a trinket from his baby shower, a prayer candle that DP got for me while I was pregnant with him, and framed pic of him with his grandma. Beatriz's shelf so far just has her ultrasound pic, her prayer candle from DP, and a little music box that I had as a child Oh! And DS decided he wanted to take down his "baby" wall-hanging (just a felt animal hanging I made for his crib) and put up a bright farm animal quilt "for my sister" (in his words) instead <3 <3 <3 So we did that next to the changing table.

This week I'm working on embroidery to go above the crib, as well as a bumble bee and butterfly felt mobile. And I just finished her quilt as well. My goal was to buy nothing new for the nursery, and make as much as possible. So far so good, just need to make a few fitted sheets and we'll be done

woah, sorry for the novel! I LOVE decorating rooms, seriously!