View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #17
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: headaches during pregnancy

You can take Advil until you start your 24th week. Some dr's will even say your 3rd trimester and if they're really bad and only occasionally they'll say up to delivery as long as it's not related to PreEclampsia. The main risk is low amniotic fluid and until your late 2nd-3rd trimester the fluid isn't really abundant and at a depletion risk anyway. I have suffered from horrible migraines for years and especially during pregnancy. They advised me to drink excessive caffeine but it only made things worse in the long run and I wouldn't want to wish that on anyone!! If you are worried about taking Advil and Tylenol just isn't cutting it you could try Codeine, 1/2 of a Vicodin or 1/2 of a Percocet. Hydration is the key also!! Lots of water, lots of rest!! B complex vitamins, Calcium, Magnesium, Feverfew, MotionSickness Homeopathic tablets... but all that has to be cleared by your OB/MW!!