View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: I hate bedtime!!!

How old is he? My LO would only sleep in bed with us til 6 weeks. Then needed a swaddle blanket until almost 6 months. We transitioned to crib 1st, then took away swaddle blanket. She was a light sleeper and would flail her arms and wake herself.

If he's having that much trouble going to sleep, he may be overtired. Sounds counterintuitive, but an over tired baby has trouble going to sleep and staying asleep. Maybe try bedtime at the first signs of sleepiness?? Some babies just struggle with bedtime. Maybe he doesn't like to lay flat, could there be a reflux issue?

Some nights my DD is just like that, and it takes a long time. Sometimes what I'll do is nurse her to sleep, lay her down, and if she starts crying leave her for about 5 minutes (the longest 5 minutes of my life!!). By the time I come back, she's usually realized she's tired and wants to nurse and goes and stays asleep. If I do this 2-3 times and it's not working, then we take a 10-15 minute break until she starts acting sleepy and try again.

Sooo hard. Good luck mama!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote