View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #24
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Re: When did you wean off of Nutramigen/Alimentum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottas View Post
I am going through the same thing with one of my twins. She is 8 months old now and has been on either Nutramigen or Alimentum since she was 4 months old. She has reflux and is being weaned off medication for that, but the pediatrician also said we can try putting her back on a milk-based formula. It's so confusing. If she starts having a problem again, how do I tell whether it's formula change, medication change or the relatively new solids? I think we will try to use milk-based formula in her cereal this weekend and see how it goes. I have to admit I have given her small spoonfuls of yogurt to no ill effect though so fingers crossed!
ALWAYS make one change at a time! So change either formula or medication but not both and give the change a good 2-3 weeks before you make another change. Believe me, it is always worth taking these kinds of things slowly Hope your transition goes well!!