View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #28
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Re: What would you do? Baby at daycare not eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
Wow, lots of different opinions! You have given me a lot of things to think about!

The little girl seems pretty happy; she just won't eat. I know that the daycare provider has spoken to the mother about it, but I don't know much more than that. I have no idea if they cosleep or if mom is pumping or anything. To me it is worrying that she doesn't seem to be bothered by not eating for that long- almost like she is used to it now. I don't know anything about her pediatrician either.

Please don't flame me, but I did bring milk to the daycare and she did drink it from the bottle like she was very hungry. The daycare provider is going to inform the mother that I can provide some milk for the baby. I am also going to talk to the daycare provider to see if we can find out more of the backstory. (I only pump a few days a week, though), but I just couldn't in good conscience let that little girl go without eating if there is something that I could do to help. Honestly I don't care what the mother says- if the baby won't drink formula then I will bring milk if I have it. When she starts solids I might not have to worry about it, but until then I will do what I can to help. Maybe I'll get the mom a card and explain all of this..
Your heart may be in the right place but I would seriously consider having you arrested. I would report the DCP to the state as well. She will lose her license. That baby HAS a Mom and you are not it. She could be deathly allergic to ANYTHING in your diet, you just don't know.

If this were an emergency life or death situation it would be different. Perhaps you could OFFER to pump for the baby instead of just doing whatever you want with someones elses child.