View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 12:22 AM   #8
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: January Angelfood Recipes

Thanks for this thread I'd love to know how you mamas are planning to prepare your pork riblets!

I made chicken fajita soup tonight!

Angel Food Ingredients: chicken fajita pack, 1/4 bag of pinto beans, onion (chopped), corn tortillas

Also need: chicken broth or water/boullion, 1 cup rice, 1-2 carrots, bell pepper or chiles, your seasonings of choice; I like cumin

1. Quick-soak your beans (bring to boil for 2 minutes, then turn off heat, cover and let them soak for 2 hours).
2. Bring beans to a boil then down to a simmer until they're tender (several hours).
3. Add chicken broth or water/boullion
4. Saute your chicken with the chopped onion and peppers.
5. About 15 minutes before serving, add your chicken, veggies, rice, and spices and continue to simmer until rice is tender.
6. Serve with tortillas (if you want to get fancy, cut them into strips, spray with cooking spray, top with salt, sprinkle on some fresh lime juice and bake until slightly crispy)

Fun and optional garnishes: cilantro, shredded cheese, sour cream, avacado, salsa, lime wedges, fresh pico de gallo, or whatever else strikes you!

If you have leftovers, you can drain off the liquid and use the leftover mixture to stuff burritoes!

Last edited by RebekahG77; 01-28-2009 at 12:26 AM.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote