mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge January thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
Remindmeagain have fun on your run. It sounds like a blast I wish I was in the area. Also thanks for the well wishes on getting better. We are better here.

So today I woke up and I lost 1.4 lbs!!! I am well on my way to my pre DD2 weight!!! I am so excited. Next week that goal is mine!!!
Congrats!! You've got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
I am experiencing the same but I haven't lost any weight to begin with. I am SO frustrated! I know the # on the scale shouldn't matter because I do feel better, but I don't understand how I can go from eating 2300-2500 calories per day to 1200 and not lose a single pound. I had two days where I ate under my calorie goal and I didn't lose weight. I drink at least 80 oz of water per day (closer to 100 oz) and I don't lose weight. Tomorrow makes two weeks and I haven't lost weight.

I have lost an inch in my waist and I know that's what really matters, but when you have as much weight to lose as I do, pounds should be falling off, too. According to BMI calculators, I am in the obese category. And I don't buy that crap about muscle weighing more than fat, because muscle burns fat and I don't believe at this point I've gained more muscle than I have acquired fat. (Do I make sense? I tend to ramble when I'm mad.)

I know that not eating enough will make your body hold onto weight, but I have PLENTY for my body to live off of before I'm in starvation mode. And I haven't been doing this long enough to be at a plateau. I'm even getting enough protein in my diet. This has always been hard for me because I don't like too many high protein foods.

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow for Friday weigh in, then I think it's best that I stay off the scale.
I think you should up your calories. IMO such a drastic drop in calories could put you in starvation mode, despite your body having enough to burn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacsMom2009 View Post
Ok. I tracked yesterday and weighed this morning. Up 0.2lbs. I can handle that.
Great job tracking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
19.3 lbs gone in 19 days! 96 lbs to go
Wow! Congrats!