View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
A&M'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaagain
Please know that this is not the case for all hospitals and medical professionals. I'm a maternity RN and have been blessed to work with, and learn from, some wonderful nurses, midwives and OB's. I see it as a privilege to be part of a birth, and the growing of a family. I work hard to put the needs of my patient and her family first. Machines are part of modern medicine. Standards of care determine the use of monitors. But every patient has the right to decline as well. I use my hands to assess and comfort, my voice to soothe, and my eyes and ears to observe the person, not just the monitor. I'm the type or RN who will push you to try a different position when I can see you are overwhelmed. I will teach your SO how to apply pressure, just so, to ease your pain. I cheer you on when you push, cry with you when your baby finally arrives, and am sure to grab your camera when I see a special moment. I am grateful and blessed to be a part of this.
Awe this is amazing! It made me tear up when I read that you actually feel like this! Mostly because I dream of getting to go back to school and being a labor and delivery nurse. And this is exactly the kind of thing I yearn for! I don't think there would be any greater experience. And secondly because this is the exact kind of nurse I would standing by me. And I think I could give this to someone else!

You sound like a blessing to your patients!
A&M'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote