View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 AM   #123
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: HS Check in. Jan 14-Jan 31

We had the same problem with the Cailou show awhile back and DH was the one that picked up on it one day when he was home from work.

We have switched to year round school this year and yes we take a day off here and there occasionally as well, we took off WAY to many days just before and following the holidays so I'm trying hard to not taking anymore days off until the middle/end of February. We are hoping to get away for a few days and either go to the Dells (7hrs) or KC (3hr)--???

DD's attitude toward the Assessment testing yesterday was great, I think she knows I'm already stressed to the hilt with her brother right now, lol.

I sat down and talked to DS yesterday about the attitude etc. There have been some people that have told him he is "stupid" because he is homeschooled (great friends huh), I know that there are larger HS groups about an hour from us so I'm going to see if there are any activities that I can involve him in with other HS'ers. We also talked about our curriculum, what he likes and dislikes.
Math--Saxon
Hx--BJU (ok with it--likes it better than the winterpromise DD is doing)
Science (we haven't done much but he enjoys if it is done in a unit study type style)
Dislikes:
Grammar and Punc: Evan Moor workbook
Spelling: Evan Moor workbook
Geography: Evan Moor workbook (so so on this)
Phonics/Reading: Hooked on Phonics (he told me he HATES this), readers

I'm open to suggestions on the dislikes?? He said he really doesn't like all of the cut/paste type activities in the workbooks. DD uses a workbox and we talked about that a bit, he would like to know EXACTLY what he has to do each day so I am thinking about setting something up like that for him as well.
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote