View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #4
catilina
Registered Users
seller

Re: For the love of reading group - September! *Join us!*

I had no idea this was here. Guess I should at least venture into Extra Fluffy sometimes just to see what it's all about, huh? Thanks for posting in OT so I could find this! I would love to join. I love reading!

I am currently finally reading all the Harry Potter books. I have put it off for a long time because honestly I'm just not really into fantasy, but I figured I should probably read them just to say I have. I am actually really enjoying them a lot more than I thought I would. I don't love them, but they are fun, easy reads. I am about to start the 4th one (Goblet of Fire).

I am also currently "reading" (audiobook) "When Madeline Was Young" by Jane Hamilton. It is a coming-of-age story told by a boy who was raised with a mentally-handicapped "sister" figure, who is actually his father's first wife (who was injured in a bike accident just months after their marriage. The man takes care of her, divorcing her and marrying again, and then he and his new wife adopt her and raise her as their own child). It is really an interesting story so far. I'm not too far into it, and honestly it's been put on the back burner for now because I don't really like audiobooks so I only listen to it when I am driving or weeding the garden!

i'm a bloggin' mama! Your Fire, Your Soul
catilina is offline   Reply With Quote