View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August *Garden Chat thread*

Booboo chickens is doing crazy dances for the girls before he runs them down and tackels them, haha. The boys thought he was beating them up. We tried the whole he just wants a kiss. Now Mrs. Purdy is squatting. Ugh. Now he's after them all and so are the little guys. Tiney little things mounting the huge australorps is a riot. I explained it's called breeding. it will make babies. I said I'll tell him more later, he's too young to know more. Also, he's not to talk about it at school, even though it's all natural.

The corn is doing better with the rain the last cpl days, lots of baby corn comin up. I have a bad feeling it will be stunted in it's growth though as it get's cooler.

I just can't seem to get a handle on the powdery mildew. I'm already doing crop rotation, destroying the infected, blah, blah.... The crops at the other side of the property have it as well. The neem oil helped some. Not enough tobuy more atm though.

What an awfull gardening year it has been. I think it will be much better next year if we can get up a greenhouse, put in the water saveing system, rotate the crops, and change the direction of the rows in the main garden. It's our first seasion in this house, so we experimented a LOT this year. I now know what works and what doesn't. I'll just do my own thing next year. Whatever works for me. The online sites were helpfull, but you really just need to find what will work for you. Just like cd's, lol!!!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote