View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #16
2Pinks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thoughts on Kid "Leashes"...

Another big fan. My oldest didn't need it, she was content to sit quietly in the stroller or hold my hand if she wanted to walk, now at almost 6 years old, she is still content to walk next to me and hold my hand. But my second was not like that as a toddler and now at 4 1/2 it can still be a fight to get her to hold my hand when crossing a street. She was/is a bright and curious kiddo and would take-off without warning to follow something to caught her eye. She was never openly defiant (except to resist holding hands with anyone!) but wouldn't think before just taking off and when she was 2 or 3 years old, I wouldn't expect her too without some training. The harness certainly helped with that!

We had the monkey and the puppy and would let her choose which one she would wear. Sometimes we even put a "prize" inside - like a granola bar or a box of raisins - and if she was well-behaved and listened, she would get the extra treat at the end of the allotted time. Since she is creeping up on 5 years old, it doesn't feel right to keep her in the harness, but boy there are days when I wish I could! We are still working on the "don't take off without asking first" and "hold my hand when we cross the street".

~*~ My Biz ~*~
2Pinks is offline   Reply With Quote