View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #26
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How often do you play with your children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherslove View Post
That's me exactly. I WANT to play with my kids, but I'm not good at it either. My parents didn't exactly play with me much either. I feel so guilty all the time and I think my 20 month old DS is not getting enough attention. DD goes to preschool 5 days a week for 3.5 hours and instead of focusing my time on him, I use it to clean or run errands since it's easier to do with 1 than with 2. DS likes to play by himself but he loves it when I read to him.
you and i sound a lot a like.. when I do sit down to play with them I end up doing my own thing.. Ie playdough or coloring my own pic..

I don't think you should feel guilty though do the best you can with what you have.. that's why we were each made differently! My oldest is SO creative and I'm so proud of her for it.. I don't know if she ever wants me to play with her she doesn't usually ask..
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote