View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #45
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you think your decision to not vaccinate only affects you and your child...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorkiegirl View Post
Wow, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the hostility...but wow.

I noticed that there are a lot of "non-vaxing" supporters on this site and while I am normally a live and let live kind of person, this tolerance ends when a widespread frenzy based on non-scientific anecdotes threatens to shift the demography of the planet and undo decades of progress. I don't mean to be didactic, and you can take it or leave it as you wish, but I consider it part of my role as a biologist and a (soon-to-be) parent to inform where I can.

nakedbabytoes - read it again, I never said that you are single-handedly initiating the apocalypse. If I thought that these trends only affected very isolated communities and do not have the tendency to grow, I would not be concerned. But that's naive, especially with the advent of the WWW. Misinformation spreads faster than tuberculosis out here! No pun intended
Funny, it still reads the same to me. Hostility & blame.
I don't take it personally though. That would mean that I actually care what you think, which I don't.