View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #6
2+2macht4
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Labor in a tub but not deliver, how does it go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
About what point were you at before you moved from the tub to the bed for the epidural? I know it will vary between people, but just trying to get an idea? Since I've never gone into "labor" I have no idea how long labor would be for me to judge by.
I was also a vbac but with severe birth trauma from my first birth so I had a midwife with me from early on so I am not sure what point people normally start counting. My midwife came soon after my contractions were 3 minutes apart even before they were super intense.

Contractions started around 11 am. My mom got here around 1 and it was regular, we called her at 3pm and she came at 5pm. We stayed hometill about mdnight. By 1 am I was checked in, ctg'd and in a delivery room. I went in the tub 4 hours before getting the epidural. I got out at the point in which the intensity was too much for my comfort level and my anxiety began peaking. I was by no mean the angry screaming lady at that point. I never got past breathing and humming through contrations. Not sure if that is because I am a monster wimp or perhaps much more in tune with my inner chi then I give myself credit for

After I got out of the tub I had to dry and it was probably about 45 minutes before I had the epidural in place.

If you do choose a epidural do not consent to any induction meds the risk are super high with the combo. I told them going in if you plan to induce me send me straight for a csection I wont endure that hell again and sure didnt want a natural birth.

Sadly vbac didnt work out for us. But I am very happy with the way my birth went and laboring in the tub is some of my fondest memories of it.