View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 11:46 AM   #12
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you stop a biter?!!??

Miranda has been doing it off and on since she was 10 months old. One warning then she gets a time out.It did stop it, it catches back up, but now she really only bites if she gets excited. lol (yeah she's kinda like a dog. lol)

She does bite dave when he wears a certian sweater, but he knows better and wears it anyway. lol and she's really into Biting my butt lately. yeah i know, it sounds really weird, but she chases me around the house trying to bite my butt. lol She's playing though, and you know that she is because she just "play bites" she doesn't hurt you at all. now when she used to bite when she was angry or bites dave's sweater, she bites HARD.

my mom suggested I smack her in the mouth.. other parents suggested I "bite her back" which IMO I really don't think anyone is going to bite thier child hard enough to cause any real pain, and if they do, they aren't showing thier kids it hurts, don't do it, if anything it's just showing them it's okay.. I bite you, you bite me. which is not the message I wanna send.

I love that story by wraphappy. I could totally see that working. I might have to try that one next time around.

I wish you luck with this one.. Know that it will stop eventually, I just hope Eventually comes before you loose your mind or someone gets really hurt. It's very possible she could be teething too.. (2 year molars)
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote