View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Bastetti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: A few questions about GMD prefolds and other stuff...

I haven't had a newborn in cloth dipes yet (we started at 5 mos with DD #1), so I can't answer the first few questions, but I can kind of answer the last one. Wipes solution - for awhile, I was using wipes cubes (don't know what brand, they were a free sample I got when I ordered some dipes), but I now make my own with stuff that I already have around the house. I like this because I know exactly what's in it and I don't have to worry about if I don't have enough in the house. To 2 cups of water, I add about a tablespoon of baking soda, a couple tablespoons of coconut oil (can substitute olive oil or baby oil as well), a few drops of either tea tree oil or lavender essential oil and a squirt of baby wash. I usually boil the water in the microwave when I make this, just to make it combine better. I keep this in a spray bottle on my changing table and a peri bottle in my diaper bag. The mixture works great on my DD's super-sensitive eczema skin. As to diaper rash creams, I usually use some of the coconut oil, or I have recently discovered CJ's BUTTer stick. It's really great, and a no-mess application