View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 10:12 PM   #110
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 10th - 16th

We went to take a tour of the perinatal unit at our hospital yesterday. It is tiny. There are only a little over 200 babies born there every year, so they have a couple delivery rooms, a post partum room for c-section mamas, and a triage room. It's a brand new hospital, so everything is very nice. I asked about leaving before naming baby, and the nurse said it was completely fine...whew! She said we just need to come back within a week otherwise baby will be named Baby Girl or Baby Boy and then we have to go through the process of changing that.

My OB happened to be there, so DH finally got to meet her. She said the the new midwife working with her won't have delivery privileges yet when I deliver, but I can go see the MW for appointments, which is awesome because she does appointments on Fridays!!!! That means I don't have to take an extra 200 mile trip just for a quick appointment. We can schedule some appointments on Fridays when we are in town anyway. That made me happy.

Now we just need to find out about the insurance to make sure we get the exception for OB being in network.