Old 06-22-2006, 08:30 PM   #17
eapoosmama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Oh for Goodness Sakes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrab
they do have accounts.
and I am not one for taking my kids money but I appreciatre the input. I wouldnt like anyone telling me what to do with my money... they can spend what they want on what they want within reason... they arent little kids, they are 16, 12 and 11.... my oldest is buying an engine he needs for his car, my daughter is loaning her older brother some money for the engine....

the issue wasnt the money or what they would do with it, it was the fact of them getting equal pay... hope that makes sense
Good that they have accounts. Me, I do take my children's money allowing so much for fun and the rest to mutuals or 529 accounts. Here in PA, 80% of the fatalities on the highways are 16 year olds. I am forcing her (my current 16 yr. old) to hold off until she is 17 when the fatality rate decreases by at least 11% with maturity. Education vs. Engine, here education wins, even if I am the mean mom. I can be her friend when she is 25.

Maybe, even though it resembles lack of thought, x-dh was just trying to ensure they all felt loved equally and appreciated an uncomplicated move. But then again, I don't know your x and his motives. Just a different spin on it I suppose.