Old 04-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Post a recipe

Chicken parmigiana....

And I'm guessing on measurments, because this is one that I just throw together because I've made it so much.

4 Chicken breast halves (boneless skinnelss)
1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 egg (you may need 2) beaten well
Fresh mozzarella cheese (shredded works too, I just prefer whole slices)
Spaghetti sauce (any brand or home made..whatever you choose, I really like Ragu)
spaghetti noodles
Water for cooking the noodles,
Olive oile for pan frying the chicken.

Prep:
Beat egg
Mix 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs with 1/2 cup of parmesean cheese, mix thouroughly.
pour spag sauce into a glass baking dish (I use a 9x13 for this recipe).
Preheat your oven to 350 degress.

pour enough olive oil in your pan to coat the bottom, and to be about 1/4 inch deep. Heat on medium until hot.

Coat each piece of chicken in the egg, then coat in the bread crumb mixture. Fry in the oil for about 2 minutes on each side, or until the top and bottom are golden brown.

Place each chicken breast on top of the spaghetti sauce. Place in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes.

At the end of 30 minutes, cut a slit in one piece of chicken to check for done-ness. If it's done, put a slice of mozzarella cheese on each piece of chicken, cover with foil, bake another 15 minutes. Take foil off, broil until cheese is bubbly and just starting to brown.

Remove chicken to a serving dish, and remove pasta sauce to a serving bowl. Serve chicken and sauce with penne pasta or spaghetti.

My other favorite is a vairation on chicken parm....

Cut your chicken into small pieces (or use chicken strips) coat in the egg and the bread crumbs, but then fry the little pieces in the olive oil until all sides are golden brown, and chicken is cooked through.

Serve on a warm bed of thin spaghetti, and top with sauce. Sprinkle with parmesean cheese.

The best garlic bread to go with these....

Get a loaf of Italian bread. Split the loap into top and bottom pieces. Bake in the oven at 350 until bread is warm. Turn on the broiler and broil until the top of the bread is golden brown.

Peel a clove of garlic. Cut a small pice off of the top. Take the large piece of garlic and rub it all over the pieces of bread. You'll notice that the clove is getting smaller, the bread is grateing the garlic onto itself. Brusht the bread with extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle with kosher salt.

For cheese bread.... after sprinkling with salt, sprinkle your shredded mozzarella cheese on top, or lay a slice of mozzarella cheese on the bread, and return to the broiler until the cheese is melty, bubbly, and has brown spots.

This is THE BESET garlic bread EVER!!!!!

God bless,
Michelle

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote