View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #20
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Transracial Adoption Please help!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMercy View Post
I'd love to help! We've been very blessed to have lots of help in this area and its something I'm passionate about.

Chocolate hair vanilla care - a must read website for knowing how to deal with all things Black and biracial hair. There is also a Facebook page wi the same name where people are constantly asking questions, giving tips, and sharing resources.

www.loveisntenough.com

www.rageagainsttheminivan.com

Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together In the Cafeteria by Beverly Daniel Tatum - great book on racial identity formation

Some other things to think about are the racial makeup of the church you attend, the school your children attend, the neighborhood you live in, the places you frequent. Will where you live make your child always be the one who looks different?

That's a jumping off place.
i just sat down to explore these links and clicked on love isn't enough (which is a heartbreaking title!) and the first thing there is an article on the 10 most segregated cities in the US. Guess what is #2 on the list? Milwaukee. We live just south of Milwaukee and an hour north of chicago which is also #5 on this list. interesting!