Old 10-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic View Post
Well, I've only had c sections so I can't compare the two but here's my experience.

I had a long labor with DD1 that ended in an emergency section. With DD2 I opted for a repeat section. Not a popular choice on here I know, but I don't regret it.

I had awesome recoveries with both. I went home after 48 hours. Of course there was some pain after the surgeries but it wasn't unmanageable. The surgeries themselves were fine. DD2s was better because I had planned it, went it at 9 am after a good nights sleep and was in recovery by 10:30. I had no issues with nursing.

I know there are people who have very difficult c sections but there are also people who have complications from vaginal births too. If you're making this decision based on risks to your own health I think it's the best decision for you. Try not to fear the surgery...it is a little freaky but once you get in there all you're thinking about is meeting your baby.
That's what I'm hoping. And that the epi meds will help me relax and not flip out. They helped me relax a lot when I was having ds. It sounds crazy, but I wish I would have had a c section with ds when they suggested it. He got stuck JUST like his daddy did. (his mom had to have a c section)

Last edited by MothyrGrimm; 10-26-2013 at 07:10 PM.
MothyrGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote