View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 07:07 AM   #43
massbb2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Fattening a two-year-old

When my oldest ds was 2 years old, I brought him to the pedi after a comment at a cookout. My MIL's friend called him skeletor (totally rude and unacceptable). I went crying to the pedi. At the time he weighed 22 lbs. He was always around the 10% but had just fallen off the chart. He was very picky and grazing all day. We did the best thing I could think to do. We visited a nutritionist. She gave me a lot of suggestions people here have already given. Nuts, peanut butter, flax oil, hagendaz ice cream (all natural ingredients and very high in fat), 1 tbsp of heavy cream per 1 cup of milk... Her biggest suggestion was to schedule meals (leaving a few hours between meals and snacks). We eat bkfst at 7 am, snack at 10 am, lunch at noon, another snack at 3 pm, dinner at 5:30 pm and another snack before bed. DS is 3 1/2 now and 29 lbs (back to 10-15%). He's still super skinny, but eats much better now. We cut out the heavy cream and he's down to 2% milk, but he eats much better and is willing to try new things. I don't make special meals for the kids unless we're eating something spicy or unusual.

Good luck. Be thankful your child isn't overweight. That would be a problem.

Brenda
massbb2 is offline   Reply With Quote