View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
robinbird
Registered Users

Re: Oregon Mommas... I have some Q?s for ya!

Okay DF and I are considering relocating due to minimal Jobs here in good ol michigan DF is also looking into going to University of Oregon... My questions are:

1. Rent... What is the average rent for a 2 bedroom one bathroom appartment or home?

Depends where you want to live. If you live in Portland proper, rent will be more expensive. Outside of the city of Portland, you can probably find a decent place to live for between $800 - $1000. In town it will be more. In Eugene, it'll depend on when you move.

2. Weather... How hot and how cold?
Perfect Well... perfect for me, anyway. Between July and October is the summer. August and September can get pretty warm - sometimes the 90s. A few days that hit 100. Most of the time in the high 70s to mid 80s.

Fall is GORGEOUS!!! Winter runs from early/mid November through April when it pretty much rains all the time. There might be a few days of snow in January, but that's about it. This year is pretty out of the ordinary with our 2 weeks of snow.

3. Activities... What kind of things are there to do?
Lots of parks, hiking opportunities, the beach, mountains to ski on. There's the zoo, the Children's Museum, OMSI...

4. Jobs... How is the job market?
It's pretty bad. Getting a job here really is based upon networking and who you know. If you know the right people and have the right connections in your field, jobs can be found. Otherwise the pool is pretty narrow.