View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
PatchworkPeddler
Registered Users
Formerly: MrsMommy0805
seller

My Mood:
I gave DS a bottle last night

DS (3.5 months) has always been pretty fussy in the evening. In the past week my DS has been cutting 2 teeth and I had strep throat over the weekend so he was laying with me a lot. Monday I put his amber necklace around his ankle and tuesday and wednesday he was an ANGEL child. Yesterday morning I fed him about 6:45 and he didn't need fed again until 11 and he was just happy and content in his swing, bumbo, etc. until then.

Then he was fine until 3:30 or 4 when I fed him again.

Then... He doesn't stop fussing until 9pm when I discovered his tummy was GROWLING (I had JUST finished feeding him AGAIN as he was feeding on and off that whole time). I had bottles from when I had to leave him at my sisters for a few hours and so I got one and he GULPED down 5oz

Then he was wide awake so I put him in his swing and he was HAPPY... Giggling at nothing, smiling, and having a good old time. Then at 10 he nursed AGAIN for about 15 mins and fell asleep. He slept pretty well last night too (fed him like once or twice) compared to how he has been sleeping (on the breast all night)

What am I doing wrong? I'm drinking enough, I NEVER had this problem with ODS--he was EBF until like 6-7 months old. DS is nursing enough and pacifying enough to keep my milk going and my milk SHOULD be able to keep up with him. Obviously my breasts aren't doing something right. I truly believe this has been the majority of his problems since he was about a month old--he's been hungry this whole time and I just didn't know it

Why is this happening?
PatchworkPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote