View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #9
ahenson
Registered Users
seller

Re: Am i a crazy person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacemonster View Post
Allright. So I'm not completely batty to think this might work. I just know that i can dig up some old shirts to use (free) I have that fabric that would probably make 6 or so flats (free) I can hit the thrift store for some shirts (super cheap) Maybe get some flour sack towells (what $6?) And then all I have to buy is some covers, doublers, pins, and wet bags.

I'll be completely honest here, one big reason I'm not wanting to shell out tons of money is that I'm totally not sure if I'll stick with it. My hubby doesn't think I will (sort of gives me the urge to do it just to show him.) He says he'll have nothing to do with cloth diapers, but I think once we move on to something he can put on just like a disposable he'll be on board. Especially when he sees that we don't have to run to the store and spend money all the darned time (he's a total tight wad, once he realizes that this will means we get to keep more of our money he'll use whatever diaper we have.)
AIOs or pockets might be the way to go then instead of flats and covers. You can always sell them if you decide it isn't going to work out! My DH doesn't like to do prefolds and covers, although he will now, but he was totally on board when he saw how easy the AIOs were that we used with DS1.
Baby #3 due September 2015!
Check out my hand engraved and handmade jewelry: http://www.rococo-riche.com
ahenson is offline   Reply With Quote