Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Help with food allergies... PLEASE

We are gluten/wheat free, dairy free, corn free and dye free. Anybody have recipes? LOL.

I'm running out of ideas here!
wearing the silent ranks
Mom to Bubba (07/2008) and Sissy (01/26/2010)
cding, cosleeping, non vaxing, non circing, bwing, EPing, ERFing
lil.miss32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Help with food allergies... PLEASE

Spaghetti (sauce with rice noodles)

I have a chocolate chip cookie recipe at home (not there right now), but you could replace the cchips with karob chips. They are yummy!

I have not had to cook dealing with a corn allergy, so double check anything I tell you to make sure there's no corn involved.

I have made a tuna casserole type dish (which I didn't care for it, but the kid I was cooking for thought it was great). Melt 2 T. Blue Bonnet Light margarine in a saucepan and saute finely chopped mushrooms for a few minutes. Add 2 T. rice flour and stir in. Cook a few minutes. Meanwhile cook 8 oz (give or take) rice noodles-penne are good. Add a drained can of tuna, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 cup plain soymilk (or other plain milk sub.) to the mushrooms. Stir until thickened. Drain noodles and combine with the mushroom mixture. If you want, you can add a couple slice of cheese alternative (I used soy), and melt it in.

Hope that helps.
Kristin, wife to Dan (16 years) , mom to Abby (14)
Emma (12) and Owen (7)
I cd my daycare kids! That's why I still hang out here!
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Corn is hard, since from the 70s with government farm subsitities there is corn in vurtually everything! High frutose corn syrup, etc. I have to avoid corn, gluten, wheat, eggs, and dairy while I'm nursing, and I have found that eating like a swedish farmhand is just the ticket. Protein, potatoes,vegetable. I use coconut oil instead of butter, sunflower butter instead of peanut butter, grapeseed oil for cooking, and for a treat, i eat coconut icecream!
haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

Rice or quinoa (complete protein!) or gluten-free pasta, veggies, meat, fruit, beans. There are a lot of Indian recipes that use rice, beans, veggies, and are flavorful without using any gluten or corn or dairy.
~Faith, knitting LDS mama to a halfling rogue, gnome barbarian, and goliath cleric
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
Registered Users

Dietary changes are so hard! We're currently gluten, dairy, egg, nut, and oat free, so I can totally relate. When I need inspiration, I go here: The recipes aren't all 100% on our diet, but she often provides substitutes for common allergens. HTH!
Mom to James 3/27/05, Samuel 3/26/08
Choice Soaps - 20% off unscented Guinness Stout soap in October 2010!
ChoiceSoaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

We are dairy free and trying out GF...I made these the other day to rave reviews. I assume you can have everything in the recipe, as long as you sub potato starch for corn starch? Good luck!

Gluten-Free Brownies:

1 c. oil
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. corn starch or potato starch
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 12-oz bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9X12 pan. Combine all ingredients and pour into pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely (or else they are super gooey).
baking supplies AND raw of both worlds has lots of cool organic stuff, plus freebies - and with code KON547 you'll get $5 off your first order!
cluckbaby is offline   Reply With Quote