Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Is this teething?

I am a FTM and am clueless about what to look for , does this sound like teething? My dd is almost 5 months and has been chomping on everything (including me). She has also been more fussy than usual and I can feel a hard lump on the bottom middle or her gums. As far as drooling she has been a faucet from about 2 months. If she is teething, what can I do to help her discomfort? Thanks
Old 06-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
Termie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is this teething?

A great Mama recommended Hyland's teething tablets to us. (ds is only 3mo and I kept insisting he wasn't teething, but other moms kept telling me it made sense with all the changes and perhaps he's just "early")

ANYway, I read up on them and showed dh and he went to the pharmacy and asked her about them and the pharmacist agreed to try them

They homeopathic and dissolve VERY quickly in all the excess saliva. This a.m. he just would not settle so dh gave him two more. Within 30-45sec he settled and in 2min he was OUT.

The mama who gave me the tip is also an extended bf'er and found out recently that nursing lets off a trigger in baby's brain that is like a pain reliever. So you can try that too if you are bf.
Termie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
aliks
Registered Users
seller

ditto on the teething tablets! They work very well!
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:42 PM   #4
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yep I heard the same, the teething tablets, hope it helps her *hugs*
Old 06-03-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
AmandaSue22
Registered Users

Those teething tablets are a godsend! When stacie was really young we would give her a teething tablet and let her suck on our finger to keep it in since she had no control on how to let it disolve lol But now we pop 2 or 3 in her mouth when she is teething and within 20 minutes she is 100% different. Stacie is getting molars in so I have been giving her some tylenol too but those teething tablets really do work and I have had the same bottle for the entire time she has been taking them, maybe a year now.

And I dont know if you heard but do not use orajel on little babies because it can cause them to choke, it can numb the throat. So thats why I tried the tablets.

<DS>http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=13911.0
AmandaSue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the help, I can't believe my baby is already teething. I am breast feeding, but she has started biting me while comfort nursing so I am trying to find a way to comfort her and save my nipples. I will try the teething tablets tomorrow. Thanks