Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Question stinky pee

Okay I've been noticing a smell to DS pee lately, and it seems to stay with him, are the dipes maybe not getting clean enough? or what could be causing this? he had his shots on the 17th of May, it couldn't still be cause of that could it?

I have bumGenius, FuzziBunz, and Happy Heiny's right now, with Cotton Baby inserts, someone suggested I do a cold rinse, hot wash, cold rinse and that's what I have been doing... am I doing something wrong or could there be something wrong with DS?
Old 06-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #2
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: stinky pee

The older my boys get the stronger their pee is. After they start solids the pee and poop starts to smell. BUT, if the pee smell starts as soon as the first pee happens then it is build up. (Or if the strong pee smell happens after the diaper is really wet it may just be smelly pee)

You are washing right. But I'd strip them if the strong smell happens with the first pee.

What I like to do is add some baking soda to the Hot wash (with only a teaspoon of detergent) and some vinegar to the second rinse. But Then I do a second Hot wash and cold rinse with nothing at all. That should do it....
Old 06-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinsMommy
I have bumGenius, FuzziBunz, and Happy Heiny's right now, with Cotton Baby inserts
Off topic, How you compare HH to BG and FB? Which one do you like the best?
Old 06-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #4
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks hun

...honestly I am not sure I like all three of those, I did not like swaddlebees however, but I suppose if I had to choose one I'd say I like HH best, then FB, then BG but they're all great dipes
Old 06-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #5
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

What do you use to wipe him? If it's just plain water and you think the smell is staying with him, perhaps he needs a little more than water? I mostly use plain water on my son, but I do use a wipes solution after the nighttime diaper and after poops...otherwise I do notice he smells (especially after the nighttime diaper!)
Old 06-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

right now I am still using disposable wipes as I still have some and waiting on my others
Old 06-02-2006, 09:13 PM   #7
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

it could be what he is eating also. I notice when I feed fishsticks to Sophia we have very smelly fishy pee for a couple of days. lol
Old 06-04-2006, 10:28 AM   #8
Basil1Mum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Just wondering what you use for your wipe solution. As my son gets older, he is 6 1/2 months now, his pee gets more smelly, especially after the night time diaper comes off.

Also, do any of you put something in the diaper pail for masking odor there?

Thanks so much!
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer
What do you use to wipe him? If it's just plain water and you think the smell is staying with him, perhaps he needs a little more than water? I mostly use plain water on my son, but I do use a wipes solution after the nighttime diaper and after poops...otherwise I do notice he smells (especially after the nighttime diaper!)
Basil1Mum is offline   Reply With Quote