Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Elective 3d/4d ultrasounds

Did you do one? Was it worth it? I didn't get to do one with my first son and since this will be our last baby I kind of want to. But for a decent package, the places I've found around here (all about an hour or so away) are about $170-180. That gives you 20-30 min session. Pics printed and on CD and a DVD of the session.

I just can't decide so I'd love your opinions if you did it or not!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Re: Elective 3d/4d ultrasounds

I have never done one before, but I am seriously thinking about getting one done with this baby.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have not, but if I can't find out the sex at my anatomy scan, I will go somewhere to get one.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyl08 View Post
I have not, but if I can't find out the sex at my anatomy scan, I will go somewhere to get one.
This is why I would get one. Otherwise, we won't. With DD, we had 3d/4d scans a lot because I was high risk. We are TTC so when we do get pregnant, we'll be doing things differently with this one. In my mom's words "you gotta leave something up to the element of surprise"
Old 02-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #5
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've never done one. I have GD w/ this pregnancy and had it with the previous two pregnancies. Since I have GD, I automatically get tons of u/s, and they sometimes switch over to the 3d/4d u/s and print me a profile pic. With the cost of GD, there's not really extra money for an elective u/s.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
eaglewife126
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i am having one next month. we tried to have one with dd, but my placenta was in an awkward position, so they weren't able to see, her. i am really hoping we don't have the same problem this time. fortunately, i am able to have it done at my dr's office, and if they are unable to get good pictures and dvd for you, then you get your $ back...and it's only $110.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Eaglewife - Where was your placenta that they couldn't see anything? I do have an anterior placenta, but there was no problem at the anatomy scan last week.

That is great that you can have it done at your doctor's office!

DH thinks I should do what I want since it's our last baby. His work schedule is all over the place so I am considering asking some of the women in my family to join me and make a lunch date out of it. Who knows.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
eaglewife126
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFishTwoFish View Post
Eaglewife - Where was your placenta that they couldn't see anything? I do have an anterior placenta, but there was no problem at the anatomy scan last week.

That is great that you can have it done at your doctor's office!

DH thinks I should do what I want since it's our last baby. His work schedule is all over the place so I am considering asking some of the women in my family to join me and make a lunch date out of it. Who knows.
as far as being anterior/posterior, i have no idea...but dd basically had her face buried in it or something...lol because of the difference in the type of ultrasound, there frequently isn't an issue with the regular ones and being able to see baby...we never had one either....but then when it came to the 3d, all we could see was the placenta! the tech explained it to us when we attempted it, but i don't remember it all so i'm no help there...lol i would say maybe call one of the places and see what they say because of the anterior placenta, or find out if they offer your $ back, or a 2nd session if things don't go well.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was about to get one with my 3rd baby but my husband was doing a job at a clinic that day,(he's a locksmith) and rode the elevator with an OB. He asked her opinion on them since we were still leery of it and she just happened to be giving a lecture on the dangers of elective, non medical ultrasounds that evening. She asked him to please reconsider. And he did. I was bummed but decided it wasn't worth it to risk anything. Maybe things have changed since then in 2006 but if its not a medical facility that is doing it make sure to research the safety of it
Old 02-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What's not safe about it?