Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Littleton CO area--need a doula or someone in training

Can anyone recommend one? I am probably looking more along the lines for someone in training because I can't afford to spend a whole lot.

Here is the situation. I have never used a doula before but it looks like I may be alone for some parts of my labor. My mom recently moved out of state and we have no one really who can care for our other children while I am laboring (in a hospital). Our 10 & 8 yo will be fine but I am really concerned that our 2yo is not gonna be fine and my hubby is gonna spend all his time dealing with the 2yo...which will leave me alone. I have read that a doula might be a good idea in this situation and maybe could even take over the 2yo at times so hubby could focus on me.

So, I'd love a recommendation if you know of someone. I'm gonna ask my CNM tomorrow also but I'm due in 3 weeks so I need to move quickly on this!!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
rcnanamama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Littleton CO area--need a doula or someone in training

Patience Bleskan is an amazing sibling doula. Trained birth douls with a Master's in Educational psycholgy, arenting consultant. Absolutely wonderful with little ones. You will be amazed with used her with my very challenging 2yo for our last birth and we LOVED her. pm me for her contact info or you can google her website but i'm not sure if the e-mail on the site is up to date. I can forward you a reference I wrote for another family as well
rcnanamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
rcnanamama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Littleton CO area--need a doula or someone in training

shoot, just saw you were due in April sorry! I hope it worked out!
rcnanamama is offline   Reply With Quote