Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
Mamma Christi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
# of diapers you have compared to # you use.

I've been reading over the posts where people say how many diapers they have and the posts where people know they have too many diapers. Everyone always mentions the diapers they have in rotation and how some of their diapers almost never get worn.

Does anyone here use all of their diapers pretty regularly? Right now I have about 25, soon to be closer to 35 (not including the medium stash I'm building up) and I use them all basically the same amount. The cute ones, the not as cute ones...I use them all. Sure, I have my favorites but I never choose any more often than others. Am I the only one that does this?

So about how many diapers do you think you have compared to how many are in rotation. Do you only use 1/2 of them? 1/3? 3/4?
Mom to Jacob 10/25/06, #2 EDD September 18.
Mamma Christi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
Kiddo353
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: # of diapers you have compared to # you use.

Actually....to me it SOUNDS like I have a TON of diapers....but I am realizing that if I don't wash EVERY night...I run out of diapers before the end of the next day between both girls they run through them pretty quick. Can't wait to get all my fluffy mail coming in so I don't wear out my dipes by washing EVERY night!
Old 03-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
Mamma Christi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddo353 View Post
Actually....to me it SOUNDS like I have a TON of diapers....but I am realizing that if I don't wash EVERY night...I run out of diapers before the end of the next day between both girls they run through them pretty quick. Can't wait to get all my fluffy mail coming in so I don't wear out my dipes by washing EVERY night!
How many do you have?
My other thing is that I hang dry my diapers so I can't just constantly reuse my favorite ones lol
Mom to Jacob 10/25/06, #2 EDD September 18.
Mamma Christi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyratekk View Post
How many do you have?
My other thing is that I hang dry my diapers so I can't just constantly reuse my favorite ones lol
This is exactely my problem

course I have a tendancy to get addicted to anything that I love-scrapbooking, sewing, gymboree list goes on and one so I'm trying really hard to keep it in check
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:56 AM   #5
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

I have 19 diapers (13 bg 2.o and 6 fuzzi fannies) and they all get used the exact same amount. I wash every other day and hang dry the pockets.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
meowmixx3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a dozen BG OS , a berry plush, 3 MEOS, 1 bellabottoms, and like 4 or 5 fuzzi bunz; and I use them all...but I want more...
meowmixx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #7
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have over 100 and I use them all. Some only when I get desperate on wash day, but I pretty much roate through the whole stash 1x a week.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #8
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by presleycaedmon View Post
I have 19 diapers (13 bg 2.o and 6 fuzzi fannies) and they all get used the exact same amount. I wash every other day and hang dry the pockets.
yeah I have 17 I think and I use them all.. only problem I have is there are some I don't like that I use first..then my fav's last.. I've gotta change my stash so they're all ones I like!!
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #9
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I make a point to use all of my diapers.....but I have a lot. Some diapers go with specific outfits, so that helps.....and I LOVE variety, so I try to go through the whole rotation...so we don't get bored.

I use fitteds (with the occasional prefold thrown in) and wool with my daughter. Our fitted stash includes about 80 diapers. And, the prefold stash has about 15.

But, my daughter also goes to a sitter 2 days a week, so we also have a pocket stash of about 80 diapers.

And, before we found the wool love, I had quite a passion for daisy doodles and some other AI2s, so I have about 50 of those (some of these are in the emergency car diaperbag, so they don't get used as regularly).

I wash about every three days, but being a WOHM and WAHM, with DH in Iraq, I sometimes have a 3 day supply in the pail to be washed, another 3 days worth in the dryer, and yet another 3 days worth waiting to be folded on the spare room bed....with a few () diapers still in the baskets ready to be used.....
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma

Last edited by jenncatsmeow; 03-22-2007 at 12:25 PM.
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a stash of about 50 dipes... I only really like 20ish of them. I am going to sell the rest soon. Its a matter of making time to list them.