Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Red face I need hugs, any other lopsided mamas here?

So when ds was a few mos old, I developed mastitis in my right breast after a long car ride and the seat belt pressing me. I've NEVER had mastitis. I did the antibiotics and it got better quickly but that side never produced as much from then on out. It's as if those glands just shut down. Well a few mos later I developed a clogged duct on the other side of that breast and although it cleared, that breast is just done. Despite all my efforts, extra nursing, pumping and all it has never recovered. At MOST ds might get an ounce from that side. Naturally he doesn't want it, at all. Being a older baby he's impossible to convince unless he's half asleep and full anyway. I've let him nap/sleep nurse on that side and it just does no good. The other breast has taken over and it's huge and I'm so self conscious. Dh made it even worse by pointing out how lopsided I was the other day. I've honestly thought of stuffing the opposite side with a insert or something. *sigh* Not only that, but he's teething and he keeps biting. I feel awful saying it, but I have never had such a desire for weaning.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
azdezmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: I need hugs, any other lopsided mamas here?

So sorry mama! You're still beautiful and a wonderful mom!
azdezmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
kbstanley3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aw mama! Don't feel bad, I really think most women that are breastfeeding are lopsided to some degree. That was in poor taste of your hubby to say anything, I know it would hurt my feelings too if my DH said something to me. I was terribly lopsided (about a cup size difference) while breastfeeding both of my LOs, and for no other reason than that they both preferred one side over the other. BUT you know what? No one really noticed b/c of my clothes. And I tried to think of the positives of breastfeeding for ME and that helped a lot (one of the positives for me was that I had cleavage for once in my life. Vain? Yes, but you're talking to a mama who has double A cups when not breastfeeding so sure was nice).
Old 03-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh this is so me! I mean literally, one side is one size and the other another. I'm already a small gal to begin with.

Oh well, my sweet dh is wonderful and makes me feel gorgeous.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
jessandtonic
Registered Users
seller

My left nipple is inverted and baby has always nursed less on that side. So I've been lopsided from the beginning and my daughter is 11 weeks old. It really bothered me at first. It's very noticeable even with a good bra. But I just don't have the energy to care anymore and almost find it comical. Anyway, you're not the only one!
jessandtonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
MoBaby
Registered Users
seller

DS is 5 months old and my left has steadily been gaining over the right. I do my best to even things out but starting two days ago he screams bloody murder if I try to put him on the right. I can only convince him in his sleep! Blargh.
MoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBaby View Post
DS is 5 months old and my left has steadily been gaining over the right. I do my best to even things out but starting two days ago he screams bloody murder if I try to put him on the right. I can only convince him in his sleep! Blargh.
We pretty much only get away with the right at night too
Old 03-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
willownz
Registered Users

My Mood:

I pretty much full time feed from only one side. I got a abscess (and then bacterial septacemia) in the left side after my first was born and the scar tissue left effects my milk production on that side, they just feed from the right every feed and the supply ups to cope, just takes a few days. I am noticeably lop sided when nursing and I am slightly when not. Doesn't bother me and my DH doesn't care. The abcess nearly killed me, I was in the ICU, being lopsided is a small price to pay for that.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #9
bohemianxchaos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm WAY lopsided, by a full cup size, if not a bit more. Always have been. Strangely enough, when I pump the small side always seems to give out a more creamy milk, lol. I do get self conscious about it, but most days I'm just...ehh, who cares? DF doesn't mind, anyhow.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #10
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After DS bit me NOT while nursing when he was 9 months old, I had to stop nursing on my right side for a month to let it heal. He caused a HUGE tear. And when I was able to nurse him on that side again, it was one size smaller than my right. I thought that having DD would make them the same size but alas it was not to be. So my right is between .5-1 cup size smaller than my left. It isn't that noticeable as DH never noticed it and even when I pointed it out to him he said he didn't see it.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote