Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Flat feet

My daughter has inherited my feet so I'm needing to "upgrade" her shoes. When I think of good shoes only stride rite comes to mind (I mean, I know lots of other awesome brands but I mean a good supportive shoe that are good for kids feet).

What else is out there with good arch support? I know there are arch supports that I could just put in all her other shoes but I would rather just invest in a couple good pairs and simplify it for her.

The problem has caused tendinitis in her feet now making it painful to dance and be active and I need to not let it get worse. Her podiatrist is teaching me how to tape her feet to "simulate" arch supports but again, need to simplify my life even if it does cost a little $$
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
Mobrevic
Registered Users
seller

Location: In the wonderful Black Hills....if you like that sort of thing. Me I perfer the beach.
My Mood:
Re: Flat feet

We had a OT or a PT sorry don't remember which make special inserts (not spendy ones) that fit in her tennis shoes. It looked like it was made out of cork. My nephew had these plastic ones made to fit his feet and they went in his shoes and she remade them as his feet grew.

Presonally I like Adidas the sturdy ones not the mesh ones http://www.zappos.com/adidas-kids-su...ink-fresh-pink
....another good one is Kswiss http://www.shoes.com/en-US/Product/8...rtnerID=CRITEO

Though this particular Kswiss I am not familiar with...does your DR suggest any certain shoes?
Mobrevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nothing specific. We have another follow up next week so I can ask him then.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
tward33556
Registered Users
seller

I was flat footed as a kid and my parents had me where special insoles called "cookies" to correct the flat footed issue. They then had me in buster brown shoes, which I am not sure if they still make them but you could look it up.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
trashley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've seen Buster Brown's at Famous Footwear.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #6
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ashley, I HAVE to quip in. You are very beautiful, and I bet in your childhood photos, you are very cute.

Sorry..nothing to do with flat feet!!
Bhavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:58 AM   #7
MamandÉlise&Muriel
Registered Users
Formerly: Mamandelise
seller

I love Minibels (miniflex) for style and comfort - you can tell they're really well made. Geox are also good shoes. The reg. price is usually a bit high, but sale prices are really worthwhile.

And for the record, it was my understanding that they don't develop proper arches until later - my daughter also has super flat feet and everyone (dr. included) keeps telling me not to worry about it. It gives me an excuse to buy nice shoes
MamandÉlise&Muriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 11 year old has flat feet & it's given her very painful ankles. We saw an orthopedic dr & he said we needed to get the inserts, regardless of what shoes she is wearing. I'd ask your dr if better shoes are enough or if inserts are needed.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote