Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
DocsNemesis
Registered Users
seller
seller

VBA2C providers?

I'm looking for provider recommendations for a VBA2C. I'm in the Seattle area but I've pretty much given up here, so I'm looking for someone in northern Oregon now. I'll probably be staying in McMinnville with my aunt, but anything within a few hours is fine, though the closer probably the better (I've had one super fast labor).

Anyone know of anyone? Or any resources that would give me somewhere to start? I've tried ICAN but I haven't heard back. I just will not sign up for a repeat, theres just no reason for it! I really hope I can find a provider-its either this or fight the hospital's ban the whole time I'm in labor. Ugh.

TIA!

www.Hyenacart.com/Naked for dyed tee's, flats, yarn, and soon, bamboo prefolds! Stocking 7/20!
DocsNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: VBA2C providers?

I know a midwife in ballad. I have to get her info.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
DocsNemesis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cool! Thanks! I'm open to anyone, though I would also really like to find an OB willing to do it. I have a history of pre-e, but its been really random as to who I've gotten it with and how bad...twice were really mild and once I had HELLP and the other three I had no problems with! Anyway, while I'm hoping for the best and would love to use a midwife, I'd also like to have an OB on board as back up, if at all possible. I should've put that in the OP too, hehe.

Anyway, thanks!! Please let me know when you get a chance!

www.Hyenacart.com/Naked for dyed tee's, flats, yarn, and soon, bamboo prefolds! Stocking 7/20!
DocsNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

You could try Bella Vie. http://gentlebirthcenter.com/ I did most of my prenatals with them. I loved it there.

ETA: They are a little outside of McMinnville. Kinda between McMinnville and Salem.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
lisapang
Registered Users
seller

Have you looked into Group Health? I know you can deliver there, even if you don't have GH insurance, through Neighborcare or a few other midwives. I hear they are pretty open to VBACs too.

ETA: Didn't realize this post was so old when I looked at it
lisapang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
meesh38
Registered Users
seller

I know this is an old post, but I just had a VBAC (of twins) at the UW. They were so supportive of it, and it was even a pitocin induced VBAC. I had my prenatal care there as well, at the hypertension clinic because I have chronic hypetension and history of PreE. Love it there.
meesh38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
nattymorgan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a completely natural VBAC at Natural Childbirth and Family Clinic in Portland. Dr Ed Hoffman-Smith is the most amazing doctor, and I would recommend him to anyone!
nattymorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Women's Healthcare Associates is another resource. A friend had a VBAC with one of their doctors at Meridian Park but they deliver at other Portland hospitals too (they have several different offices across town)
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote