Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2011, 06:42 AM   #1
sweetKatesMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Terrible Twos already?

So my DD is 19 months old and seems to be hitting the terrible twos early???
We are not the type to give in to her when she throws a fit and have tried to be consistent so it was shocking to me when she started throwing major screaming tantrums when she doesnt get her way. I was not expecting that lol. What has been other mama's experience with this, and how did you deal with it?
BTW, she has still never gotten her way by throwing the tantrums.
sweetKatesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Terrible Twos already?

Oh yeah! didn't know the terrible twos start at 1 and 1/2, but I think for many kids they do!! They did for DS. He stands in the corner for throwing fits He has an EXCELLENT vocabulary, so he can tell us what he wants, so the fits aren't from that. They are from not getting his way. And for that...we stand in the corner (unless it's bedtime/naptime, so he's tired, or it's lunchtime, and he's hungry...etc. Then we let it slide a litte b/c we know why he's throwing a fit.) I think the consistency pays off...my LO is 21 months and throwing many less fits for now...so I'd say hang in there!!
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Terrible Twos already?

The terrible twos used to refer to the second year of life- from 12 monther to 24 months...
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote