Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
ransom
Registered Users

what to wear/pack for water birth?

hey mamas, i'm hoping for a water birth this this one, and am trying to figure out what to wear (and what to bring)! i was thinking i would wear a cami in the pool, but then i thought, ugh, that soaks up all the water, and what if i'm in and out of the pool? would i change every time? no one wants to sit in wet clothes... i know a lot of people wear bikini tops, i could do that, but mine are really too small while i'm pregnant and have enormous boobs, and they hurt after a while (tying the top behind my neck) holding up these heavy things!

what did you do?

what did you WISH you'd done?

advice??

also, what did you pack? our birthing center will send us home like 4 hours after the birth, so obviously i don't have to pack a bunch of overnight stuff, but i don't want to get there and wish i had changes of clothes. if you had a water birth, do you actually get in and out of the pool? or once you're in do you tend to stay in? is everyone different?

i have no idea!!

thanks!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: what to wear/pack for water birth?

I'm one that stays in the pool when it comes down to the end. You couldn't get me to get out for anything! I wear my tankini top. (See AV) It covers everything and is really modest. (But that's me) If your thinking of getting in and out I would bring a few extra Cami tops to change into or perhaps some sports bras. I have one tankini top that ties up around my neck and I HATE it for the reason you stated. So much weight.

I Birth at home so I guess I would bring a robe, change of really comfy PJ's. Socks, if your going to be using cloth Postpartum pads, Hairbrush, Tooth brush, Paste and baby things. If your going to be sent home 4 hour later I would pack light.

Last edited by bpure8; 05-05-2011 at 07:46 AM.
bpure8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Another big-chested momma here...no waterbirth, but I was in and out of the shower with both of my others, I just wore a comfy sports bra and had a couple extra packed so I could have a dry one when I was out of the shower. If you're going home that soon afterwards, I would pack super light...outfit & diapers for baby, comfy clothes for you to change into after birth and to go home in, a hairbrush and ponytail holders or hair clips, maybe an extra change of clothes for your DH, toothbrush & paste for both of you.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #4
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

Could you wear a sports bra made out of a performance type fabric? It would be supportive and quick drying.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was also going to suggest a tech fabric sports bra (or 2?). May I also suggest something with a clasp rather than a pullover style? If you do decide to change out of a wet one they are really annoying to get out of especially when they are wet.
I didn't have a waterbirth but I was in and out of the jacuzzi with my last 2 labors and wearing my swimsuit top (like a long tankini, almost a swimdress) and it was really annoying having all that wet fabric on me when I would take a break from the tub, and when I wanted it off it was like a wrestling match. I will definitely go with a sports bra this time around.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyCrazy View Post
I was also going to suggest a tech fabric sports bra (or 2?). May I also suggest something with a clasp rather than a pullover style? If you do decide to change out of a wet one they are really annoying to get out of especially when they are wet.
I didn't have a waterbirth but I was in and out of the jacuzzi with my last 2 labors and wearing my swimsuit top (like a long tankini, almost a swimdress) and it was really annoying having all that wet fabric on me when I would take a break from the tub, and when I wanted it off it was like a wrestling match. I will definitely go with a sports bra this time around.
Good point! I hate wrestling with wet fabric!