Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

Is it possible to fit 2 carseats in a Mini Cooper?

DH wants a Mini Cooper, he test drove one and loved it. We have a 5 month old who will be rear-facing until age 2, and a 3 year old who is FF. Any chance that we could fit a rear facing and FF carseats in the back? It would not be for daily driving - probably once a week and for emergencies, but I don't want him to buy one if there's no chance of 2 fitting in there. Anyone BTDT? I am NOT a fan of 2 door cars, but DH commutes nearly an hour each way 5 days a week, so I feel like he deserves a car that he likes that is fun for him to drive (ie "sporty" handling and not V6). Thanks for any help!!

ETA - Found this, so it looks like DH will get his wish.
http://www.motherproof.com/news-rant...ar-seat-check/

Last edited by SenoraE; 05-07-2011 at 01:05 PM.
SenoraE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
susansabrina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it possible to fit 2 carseats in a Mini Cooper?

Maybe with a Radian. Good luck!
ISO:Planet Lunchbox, zorb, Small Lunette cup, ribbon for hairbows, bento style egg molds.IHA:Sm MEAF, Med MEAF, ME Toddlease, Columbia shorts XL womens, xl maternity swimsuit, Lg Zolowear ring sling in blue/grey, 2 Robeez 12-18 mo boys, wool wash, dog costume
susansabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
SenoraE
Registered Users
seller

I just did some research and while a Radian is narrow and great for FF, in a little car it doesn't look like it'd be good for RF:

The Radian isn't probably a good choice because it has a recline foot that MUST be used for rear-facing installations, so it pretty much limits you to the 45 degree angle.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe a new Britax RFing (VERY little front-back room) with a FF Radian next to it? I'm told that combo often puzzles well in that config in small spaces.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Take the car seats to the dealership and try it out. I told the guy we weren't buying if we couldn't test it. They're pretty cool with it. Getting a baby into that back seat is going to fuuuuuun though. And not in a good way If he likes it and it won't be often, it shouldn't be a problem (providing they fit)
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #6
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
Take the car seats to the dealership and try it out. I told the guy we weren't buying if we couldn't test it. They're pretty cool with it. Getting a baby into that back seat is going to fuuuuuun though. And not in a good way If he likes it and it won't be often, it shouldn't be a problem (providing they fit)
Yup. I had one heck of a time getting my nephew in and out of there. Thankfully we have two cars and the baby will mostly be in my SUV and not the Mini.
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not sure about two seats, but I have had one bucket seat in our Mini Cooper and it was a hassle. I had to install it without the base to get it tight. The way the back seats are shaped made it hard to install. If I recall correctly, I had to slide my seat all the way up in order for the bucket seat to fit behind it (and I'm only 5'4 so I don't know if someone taller would be able to fit, my knees were touching the dash). I'm going to be installing another bucket seat in it soon for our upcoming baby so we shall see how it goes.
Another thing to consider, parts/maintenance for a Mini Cooper is VERY expensive. If I had known this before, we may not have bought ours. It is really fun to drive though.
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

Can't you get a 4 door Cooper now?
USMCgirl_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05
Can't you get a 4 door Cooper now?
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #10
epiclesis
Registered Users
seller

There's someone on c-s.org who has posted pics of two seats in a Mini Cooper.
epiclesis is offline   Reply With Quote