Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

TMI mucous plug question....

Okay I never really noticed I was losing mine with my other kiddos. Except with one I did loose a big chunk right before I left for the hospital and I was 9cm when I got there.

Soo yesterday I lost a little chunk. This morning I lost a pretty good sized chunk and it looked like it had has some red on it. I am not having regular contractions, but I guess from last time it I did loose it, I just was kind of freaked out. I am having painful contractions, just not regular.....but yesterday I had a lot of pressure and even rectal pressure.

What's this mean, it's not a bloody show, is it??

Ugh I slept awful last night like up every stinkin' hour, I am beyond exhausted.....I hope this doesn't mean labor today. Anyone??

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: TMI mucous plug question....

The blood in the plug is from cervival dilation, but it's not the same as a bloody show. That will be like you wipe, and there is pink/ red on your tissue. But, your on your way, mama! Good luck, sounds like it wil be soon

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: TMI mucous plug question....

Well, I lost chunks and pieces of mine for a solid 2 weeks before labor started this last time. It was SO annoying. The day of labor, I lost bigger/thicker globs. But there was no pink/red until active labor started, but even then it was just a very small amount of pink/red tinged mucous. And only there when I wiped after a potty break.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote