Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
My 24 week MW appt

I saw my midwife today for my 24 week check. Everything looks great! I am measuring right on target, and the baby's heart rate was at 152. I had a pap smear, so that part was yucky, but at least it's over with now. I also had a glucose test done. I'm up 15 pounds total so far...sounds great, but I typically pack it on towards the end. Other than that, nothing special and I go back in 4 weeks. After my next visit, I'll go every 2 weeks--I can't believe I'm almost to that point!

Also, it is my goal this week to tell my sister that I'm actually seeing a midwife and planning a homebirth. My family is sooo weird about those things (I'm sure many of you can relate.) I just didn't want to deal with any of their crap, so I didn't plan on telling them at all until after the baby was born...after all, what could they say at that point? But, I never intended to lie about it, and I ended up doing that to my mom. It's getting where I have to keep lying to cover up my previous lies and I hate doing it. It's not my style, plus I shouldn't be afraid of her, kwim? So my plan is to tell my sis this week and then tell my mom in person when she visits next week. Wish me luck!
Old 06-06-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
hollyhobby30
Registered Users
seller

Re: My 24 week MW appt

I'm so happy baby is doing well and so are you.

I really hope things go well with your sis this week and mom the next. Keep us updated!
hollyhobby30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #3
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Ohh, sounded like a GREAT appointment!! Good luck telling your family! I hope they take it well!!! We're all behind you!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #4
hfitz5051
Let the rabbits wear glasses!
seller

My Mood:

It will be ok! I had a waterbirth at a free standing birth center and it freaked my mom out. It helped when I told her the "back up" info. How close the hospital was, what would prompt them to take me. Just make sure they know you and baby will be safe, that is probably the real concern.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well at your appt. today.

Good luck with telling your family, everything will turn out great!!

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:55 PM   #6
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Our families were both really concerned, too so I empathize with you and hope they are understanding!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:24 AM   #7
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad the baby is doing well. Good luck with thewhole telling the family thing. I totally want a home birth (insurance wont cover midwife though) and my family is the same way. They think it is gross.
Sarah0903 is offline   Reply With Quote